Zev Porat

Saturday, August 17, 2013

WHY ME GOD? A Different Perspective!






By Brandon Gallups
PPSIMMONS News and Ministry Contributor 


O Lord, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! even cry out unto thee of violence, and thou wilt not save! (Habakkuk 1:2 KJV)

When is the last time you have said those words? Better yet when is the last time you have SCREAMED those words. It is definitely something we are all guilty of and probably more than we would like to admit. I know I certainly have had my share of WHY ME GOD moments!




What if we should scream WHY ME GOD more often? What if we should start everyday with those exact words?

Let me explain …

This last week I was having coffee with a friend and we were discussing a mutual friend who is battling cancer.  He told me of a conversation he had recently with our mutual friend's wife where she was kind of venting her WHY ME GOD feelings to him.

Then he went on to tell me of a sermon he once heard and I will admit it convicted me to no end. Hopefully me sharing this here can have as profound an impact on others as this had on my view of asking or sometimes screaming, WHY ME GOD?

I would imagine that when I use that phrase most reading this have the same thoughts I did, that when we scream, WHY ME GOD, it is undoubtedly in a negative context. After all  - we all have problems. Let's face it, our WHY ME GOD moments can range from my car had a dead battery and made me late to work to … I was just diagnosed with a terrible life-threatening disease, and pretty much everything in between!

Since we can probably all admit that on some level  we have had a WHY ME GOD moment in the recent past; let's look at it from another angle.

When is the last time you received an unexpected blessing from God and you threw your hands up and screamed WHY ME GOD? What did I do to deserve this wonderful gift that you put in my life, why did you choose me to bless like this, why am I so blessed? Sounds a little different now doesn’t it?

I have certainly learned through a lifetime of mistakes to stop taking for granted the blessings of God. I literally thank him for waking up everyday. This doesn’t make me perfect in this area by any means but it only means God has grown and matured me in this area.

But the question still remains, do I ask WHY ME GOD with the same emotion and passion for the blessings as I do when I think I have been let down? I will answer honestly and say that I realized during my conversation with my friend that up to that point I never had!

Now for the part that REALLY hurt!!

My friend went on to tell me that the pastor explained in his sermon that when we have real problems and we scream, WHY ME GOD, we are forgetting that God is in control of everything! Maybe he allowed that "bad" circumstance in our life so that someone else could be reached for Him. Maybe it is to bring us into a deeper relationship with Him! Maybe it is to wake us up before something REALLY bad happens!

So now the question becomes when was the last time that we faced a tough time and screamed, WHY ME GOD, with the following attitudes:  why are you allowing me the opportunity to grow closer to you through this, why did you choose me to suffer this so that others may be reached, why did you choose to bring future blessings to me through this current struggle?

While I realize that I will certainly NEVER be perfect in this area I have certainly been reminded that God is ALWAYS in control! God will use EVERY situation, both good and bad, to bring blessings to others and to us if we will allow Him that authority in our lives.

If you are reading this you have already had the opportunity for one WHY ME GOD moment today! You woke up to another day of life, another opportunity to be a light to a dark world.

I encourage you to examine your life as I have this last week and then scream out with passion, WHY ME GOD, why have YOU chosen to allow me to be blessed and used by YOU, through both the good and the bad!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 KJV)




Copyright 2013 by PPSIMMONS News and Ministry. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without explicit permission from PPSIMMONS. A portion of this material MAY be republished provided the following criteria are met:
 1. The exact title remains intact
2. Only a portion of the article is embedded in your site
3. A clear link is provided back to this article with the words   READ MORE HERE:
================================
Amazon's Top  Selling Book in America  (Science & Religion)
#1 best-seller right after its release in May 2012.  Within weeks it was #400 in rankings out of over 7 million books on Amazon! 

Still garnering FIVE STAR reviews today! Get your copy now!
THE MAGIC MAN IN THE SKY:
Effectively Defending The Christian Faith                                         
by Carl Gallups
Publisher: WND Books - Washington D.C.                                         

WHAT’S IT ABOUT?
A sweeping defense of the Christian faith using the latest scientific evidence, sound logic, and contextually interpreted Biblical truths. Packed with humor, easy to read, and nearly impossible to put down. People are raving about Carl’s book all over the world. Scientists, professors, university presidents and professors, pastors, and other best selling authors have heavily endorsed this book.

 RAVE REVIEWED IN THE WASHINGTON TIMES!
"A must-read book! / A muscular defense of the Christian faith. /An arsenal of powerful rebuttals to Christian bashers." (columnist - Jeff Kuhner of The Kuhner Report WRKO - Boston.)

Featured on TBN (PTL With Dwight Thompson), ATLANTA LIVE TV, DOVE TV NETWORK, COAST UP CLOSE TV, CREATION TODAY TV, CHRIST IN PROPHECY TV , IN THE MARKET with Janet Parshall (Moody Radio), THE CHURCH CHANNEL TV, and in hundreds of major radio markets coast to coast (From Mancow in the Morning (Chicago) to Bill Martinez Live (California). THIS BOOK HAS BECOME AN INTERNATIONAL PHENOMENON! Get your copy today.

GET THE BOOK HERE:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1936488523/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&tag=s0231-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1936488523

AUTOGRAPHED COPY HERE:
http://superstore.wnd.com/Welcome/The-Magic-Man-in-the-Sky-Effectively-Defending-the-Christian-Faith-Hardcover

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT Carl Gallups' Home Page -  http://www.carlgallups.com/   This is a daily site of devotions, videos, articles and Biblical inspiration. Use it in your life and use it as a witnessing tool!

ABOUT CARL GALLUPS: Carl Gallups is a best selling author, a conservative talk show host veteran, former Florida law enforcement officer, and a long-time senior pastor of a large Gulf Coast Baptist church. He is the founder of the mega-viral and world famous PPSIMMONS YouTube channel. His face, voice, opinions, and ministry materials are known to millions around the world.

BREAKING!     Carl Gallups and WND Books have a brand new and profoundly sensational book on its way accompanied by a full length documentary movie featuring internationally renowned Christian leaders.  Read the story HERE: http://www.ppsimmons.blogspot.com/2013/04/new-wnd-book-by-pastor-carl-gallups-hint.html

1 comment: