by Joda Collins
Republican Senator Ted Cruz spent 21 hours and 19 minute speaking on the floor of the Senate, mostly, about the need to honor the Congressional dictate to defund Obamacare. His presentation ended at noon today (9/26/13). For his effort he incurred the wrath of John McCain among other Republicans along with criticism from some Democrats. We will soon know if Cruz's efforts on behalf of most Americans has the desired effect of the Senate defunding Obamacare. Everyone knows the chance of that is slim. However, even if that does not happen, Cruz has contributed much to America by his historic 21-hour marathon.
1. He has exposed Republican leaders who are too cowardly to stand up for Americans.
2. He has given those who oppose Obama and Obamacare some hope by letting us see someone in the Senate who actually cares about America.
3. He has brought enough shame to Obamacare that Democrats no longer want to identify Obamacare by that title which is a title that the Democrats, including Obama, were proud to use prior to the 21-hour presentation of Cruz.
4. He has clarified that Republicans do not want to shut down the government, but that Democrats have the power to keep the government open.
5. He has brought some needed energy to the moral-base of the Republican Party.
6. He made it clear that Obama and the Democrats are pushing through Obamacare against the will of the majority of Americans.
Thank you, Senator Cruz.
Rev. Joda Collins
I make no claim that my opinions reflect the views of anyone esle.