Zev Porat

Monday, October 2, 2017

I DID NOT GO TO VIETNAM TO PROTECT ANYONE WHO DISRESPECTS OUR FLAG

by Rev. Joda Collins




I think open disrespect for our Flag should be a crime.  I think everyone who has open disrespect for our flag should be fined for the first offense, jailed for 48 hours for the second offense, stripped of his or her citizenship for the third offense, sent to the country of their choice for their fourth offense and denied reentry to the USA for a year. 

I did not join the military and go to Vietnam to protect anyone who disrespects our Flag.  I joined the military and went to Vietnam to protect my right to disrespect anyone who disrespects our Flag.  \

If my wife walked into the room and you openly disrespected her, you might expect to taste a knuckle sandwich if I and when I could get away with it.  I would not call you a hero or a good role model and offer to die for your supposed right to openly express your hatred for her because there is something about her you do not like.  You have no right to be disgusted at the presentation of our Flag.   I have a huge right to be disgusted by you.  If you hate America enough to disrespect the Flag because America is not perfect and/or because there are some bad people in the American family, then I should hate you enough to disrespect you because you are not perfect and because there are some bad people in your family.  

Don't spit on the Flag (figuratively or literally) and expect me to applaud you, defend you or justify you.  I condemn you!  You are a vile, disgusting and dishonorable person. You are nothing more and probably much less.  You are scum, the dregs of our society -- the bottom of the barrel. 

Find a way to fix the problems you think America has without disrespecting the Flag. If you cannot do that, then at least shut up and stand up for our Flag.  If you are not smart enough, brave enough or man/woman enough to do that because it is right, do it so others do not know what a cowardly-idiot you really are.

Love or leave it.  

Author Image
 
Rev. Joda Collins
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/jodacollins

I make no claim that anyone else agrees with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment