Zev Porat

Monday, July 22, 2013

Outraged! Murdered baby snubbed by media

author-image

By Ben Kinchlow   WND

An innocent victim is brutally murdered, and the killer will not get the death penalty. Have we become so calloused that the unprovoked deaths of innocents (of all people) do not merit the death penalty?

Oh, did you think I was talking about the Trayvon Martin-George Zimmerman case?

That is not surprising, since it has dominated news coverage almost every day since it happened. But my outrage is not directed at a case that has been examined and re-examined from the ghetto to the newsrooms to the White House, but at an incident that you probably have not heard of.

antonio_west

Do the names De'Marquise Elkins or Antonio West ring a bell? Generate a vague recollection? "I seem to have heard something like that." Well, let me refresh your memory, since apparently the national media don't consider the story worth any major coverage.

On March 21, 2013, Antonio West was shot to death by De'Marquise Elkins. Well, that is not all that big a deal; after all, according to the Slate gun-death tracker, "Last year, there were 32,163 firearm deaths … the vast majority of these deaths are Americans killing Americans."

And with names like De'Marquise and Antonio, they were probably black. As the statistics show, "Blacks killing blacks ain't no big deal." After all, almost 500 blacks have been killed in Chicago since the Martin-Zimmerman saga began to unfold (61 just during the trial period). "So what's the big deal about some dude named De'Marquis offing another dude named Antonio?"

Apparently there is a little more to the story than that, something the national media obviously did not consider particularly newsworthy. According to several reports (not headline news, of course) which lasted about two days, the following emerges:

Antonio (Santiago) West, a 13 month old, was sitting in his stroller when De'Marquis (17) and Dominique Lang (15) accosted his mother, Sherry, and demanded money. According to Sherry, "A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money, and he said, 'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said, I don't have any money and don't kill my baby!"

The boy tried to grab her purse and then opened fire, grazing her head, when she said she tried to tell him she had no money. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.

She continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."

The tragic truth is most of us are not aware of this story because since it involved blacks killing whites, the national media paid it little attention.


MORE STORY HERE http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/outraged-murdered-baby-snubbed-by-media/

No comments:

Post a Comment