Zev Porat

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Messianic Lite: Pesach I, “Passover I”

So far, we have been reading straight through the Torah from Genesis to Leviticus. But for the next two weeks, the normal Torah portion reading cycle breaks and focuses strictly on Passover readings. This will happen again for Shavuot in the spring and the high holidays in the Fall. If you didn't already know, Passover begins the night of March 30th and ends on April 7th.  On the first day of Passover, according to Jewish tradition, Exodus 12:21-51 is read.

More and more Christians are starting to observe some kind of Passover diner. I spoke of the reasons why Christians are drawn to the Passover in the Messianic Lite called "Bo" which covered Exodus 10 to 13. I won't repeat myself, but I will summarize. The Last Supper was the disciples meeting to observe the Passover with wine, matzah, and herbs. When Jesus commands his followers to eat this bread and drink this cup in remembrance of me, he is referring to moments of ritual in the Passover diner and holding up the Passover elements. In my opinion, there is no richer and more authentic way to take communion than in the context of a Passover Seder.


Messianic Lite: Pesach I, "Passover I"
https://youtu.be/QLvz2bvirso


No comments:

Post a Comment