Zev Porat

Monday, January 4, 2016

Would Jesus Compromise?

By Dr. William R. Lile, Jr. D.O.,  FACOG

If we think that we have a better chance of passing anti-abortion legislation if we include exceptions for rape or incest; should we? This question is being asked by many Pro Life groups, in many different states. First, both rape and incest are among the most heinous of crimes. They are never a 'crime of passion', but rather are a brutal assault on the body, mind and spirit of an innocent woman. All cases should be thoroughly investigated, aggressively prosecuted, with sentencing to the fullest extent of the law. We should provide compassionate support for all physical, emotional, spiritual and financial needs of the victims of these attacks. However, if a pregnancy results from this attack, should we allow for the termination of this pregnancy as an 'exception'? And if we believe that there is no difference between life within the womb and life on the outside, than what if the circumstances of the conception do not come to light until after delivery of the baby? Would we allow for the killing an already delivered baby, because of the sins of the father? God forbid! 

All of the answers to all of life's problems are found within God's word. There is no better example as to how we should live our lives and how we should discern right from wrong, than by examining the life of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I challenge you to find one example where Jesus compromised, in order to fulfill the will of His Father. Are there limitations to the different sins that the blood of Jesus is able to cover? Was eternal salvation offered to a limited few, because the sins of some were too great? Romans 10:13, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall be saved." 

When we look at the stars at night and can see only a fraction of the 200 million stars in our own  galaxy, and then realize that scientists estimate that there are at least 50 billion other galaxies, we need to remember that the God that we serve here on earth created this vast universe with just one thought. When we pray to that same God to help us save the lives of the unborn, are we foolish enough to think that His power is limited to protecting the lives of only certain babies?

Psalm 51:5 says "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me" So, from the moment of conception, we all had a sinful nature. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." And Romans 5:8 says "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Therefore, if we are all sinners from the moment of conception, and Christ died for all sinners, then Christ died for all, both born and unborn. If the blood of Jesus was sacrificed for the unborn, why would we place limitations on those we are trying to protect? If Jesus died for them, don't the unborn, conceived through the violent act of rape, deserve our efforts without exception? In John 9:1-3 Jesus and His disciples came upon a man that had been blind since birth. v2 "His disciples asked him, "Rabbi" who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" v3 "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, 'but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." There is no doubt, rape and incest are both sins, and should be punished. But we should not let punishment fall on the unborn, but rather, allow the work of God be displayed is his/her life.

Someday, I will be face to face with my Savior. The same Jesus that did not compromise in whom he died for. He died for me and He died for you. His blood was shed for all of the sins, of all of the sinners, both born and unborn. My goal in this life is to serve Him to the best of my ability. I will not compromise in sharing His gospel. I will not compromise in my efforts to protect the unborn. I will not limit my efforts to save the most innocent when their lives are threatened because of the sins of their fathers. Jesus made no compromise in offering Himself for our sins. It is His example that I must try and emulate. After I have finished my relatively short time on this earth, I will finally look into the eyes of Jesus. I want to know in my heart that I did not compromise, I pressed for the mark, and that I did my best to hopefully hear these words from Jesus, "Well done thou good and faithful servant." 

Dr. William R. Lile, Jr. D.O.,  FACOG 
Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology 
ProLifeDoc.org 

DrLile@ProLifeDoc.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment