Zev Porat

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

A "PROPHECY" for the "PROPHETS" and the "Peek-a-Boo PASTORS" of Today's America


1 "Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!" declares the Lord. 2 Therefore this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds who tend my people: "Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them, I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done," declares the Lord.  

16 This is what the Lord Almighty says:
"Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you;
they fill you with false hopes.
They speak visions from their own minds,
not from the mouth of the Lord.

17 They keep saying to those who despise me,
'The Lord says: You will have peace.'
And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts
they say, 'No harm will come to you.'

18 But which of them has stood in the council of the Lord
to see or to hear his word?
Who has listened and heard his word?

19 See, the storm of the Lord
will burst out in wrath,
a whirlwind swirling down
on the heads of the wicked.

20 The anger of the Lord will not turn back
until he fully accomplishes
the purposes of his heart.
In days to come
you will understand it clearly.

21 I did not send these prophets,
yet they have run with their message;
I did not speak to them,
yet they have prophesied.

22 But if they had stood in my council,
they would have proclaimed my words to my people
and would have turned them from their evil ways
and from their evil deeds.

34 If a prophet or a priest or anyone else claims, 'This is a message from the Lord,' I will punish them and their household. 35 This is what each of you keeps saying to your friends and other Israelites: 'What is the Lord's answer?' or 'What has the Lord spoken?' 36 But you must not mention 'a message from the Lord' again, because each one's word becomes their own message. So YOU DISTORT THE WORDS OF THE LIVING GOD (the real prophets who have already spoken!), the Lord Almighty, our God.  

Therefore...
40 I will bring on you everlasting disgrace—everlasting shame that will not be forgotten." 

                                                                                              - Jeremiah 23

No comments:

Post a Comment